(In the order of application)
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal To Oily Skin – Over the years I’ve heard rave reviews for Cetaphil and decided to try it. I’ve been using Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula prior, which I was happy with, but was looking for a more budget friendly product. Sadly, Cetaphil is not for me. I appreciate its gentleness for not stripping my skin of moisture, but because my skin is very oily I’ve been getting more acne + cysts. This may not be the result of the product, but could be the change in my diet, sleep and exercise. However I came to the conclusion that it does not clean well, because it does not wash Mario Badescu Drying Lotion off easily. I would have to rub hard or scrub it off, which would irritate my acne.
- Yonka Lotion PS Dry Skin Toner – I love Yonka products, especially their toners. I switched from their oily to dry skin toner, because a couple of years back when I was into trying several different facial products I had a bad reaction between two products, that you’re not suppose to use one right after the other. I ended up having these really dry, itchy, peeling red patches on my cheeks. I’ve tried everything including visiting the dermatologist. Nothing helped until I used Yonka Lotion PS Dry Skin Toner, it was the first time in 3 months where my face didn’t hurt while talking or smiling. I only apply this to my cheeks by spraying in to my hands, cupping it on my cheeks for 10 seconds and then patting it.
- Baby Face Mist Tea Tree by Aritaum – I bought this as my Evian Facial Water Spray was almost finished and also there was a great deal. I should have figured from the name, that the product comes out as a very fine mist. In my defense, when I tried it at the store the can was nearly empty so it came out like the way Evian did. Not a big deal, I apply it the same way I do with the Yonka toner as not to waste it. I put this on all the areas of my face that isn’t dry. I think in the future I will be switching between this and Evian, depending on which product is on sale.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion – I’ve been using this for several years. It’s the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, not too light or heavy and fragrance free.
- Aveeno Active Naturals ultra-calming daily moisturizer SPF 15 – (Not pictured above) Honestly, I forgotten about this, because I don’t use it. I can’t stand the fragrance. I was using Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 before, I should have repurchased that. I put on SPF moisturizer if I’m not putting on makeup.
- Repeat 1-4 from “Daytime” routine.
- Every other evening or once a week I will use St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub (not pictures above) in place of the Cetaphil. I have notice less blackheads, but I prefer St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub, I don’t get as much of those little acne that likes to concentrate in groups.
- Right before bed, I spot treat my acne with Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. This drying lotion is the best for me, other acne treatments either did nothing or irritate my acne. During the summer after I treat my acne, I’ll put some on mosquito bites, it really helps! One of the ingredients is calamine.
Now that I’m done writing this post, I’ve realized that I’m not following the motto that I had adopted 2 years ago; “Don’t fix what isn’t broken” or “If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it”. I was happy with my original products, but I kept thinking I could improve. Most of the time, about 98%, the new products I decided to try does not work out. Not only does it not work out, but it reversed the improvement I had before.
This post will be a reminder for next time when I need to repurchase, to stick what was working versus something new and unsure.