Over the years my makeup routine has changed so much. I wished I had chronicled it. It use to be an elaborate process, but who has time for that? I’ve also gotten a lot lazier about applying. So here is my current basic routine, followed by a little more advanced.
(In the order or application)
- Etude House Magic Any Cushion [Magic Mint] – I use this as a highlighter, because if I use it to correct redness or conceal blemishes, my face would come out too white. People who have very light or fair skin maybe able to use this as a corrector.
- IOPE Air Cushion XP [C23, Cover Beige] – I absolutely love this foundation, though it’s slightly lighter then my skin tone. This gives a dewy finish with light to medium coverage.
- The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Stick Concealer [NB21] – Concealing redness, blemishes and under eye dark circles (I cover the dark circles after I put on mascara).
- Avon Glimmersticks Brow Definer [B04, Blonde] – I use this to shape my eyebrows.
- Maybelline Ultra-Brow Brush on Color [Dark Brown] – I use this to fill in my eyebrows and also to set the Avon Glimmersticks Brow Definer.
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara [01, Black] – I came to a realization that I was wasting money by purchasing luxury mascara. I would end up throwing away almost a full tube (for hygienic reasons). I never finished a tube, because I don’t wear makeup everyday. Now I use mascaras that comes in my “Gift with Purchase”. If you’re thinking of buying a luxury mascara, I highly recommend Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara. I absolutely love it! I also am really liking this sample of Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara.
- bareMinerals Mineral Veil – I use this over my T-zone to help absorb the oil.
- The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX BeBe Lip Essence – I use this if I don’t want any color or if my lips are really chapped. It’s clear and comes out glossy. I love it, because it has SPF 15 and a light banana/fruity smell.
- Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment – For when my lips are chapped, but I want a bit of color. It has SPF 15 and smells like delicious lemon sugar cookies.
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss [LG129, Beige] – This is my go-to basic pink nude lip gloss when I want color.
- Maybelline Baby Lips [05, Quenched] – It’s clear and has SPF 20. I use this over lipsticks or lip gloss when my lips feel dry. The moisturizing staying power is not long, so I would have to reapply often. However, because it’s cheap, I don’t mind that it gets color on it from my lipsticks/ lip glosses. It’s easy to clean off the color. I have a pet peeve with mixing colors on lip wands and lipsticks.
(In addition to the Basic Routine)
- Bobbi Brown [Beige Linen] – A light shimmer finish in champagne color.
- Bobbi Brown [Navajo] – A matte finish in off white ivory color.
- BCL Makemania Data Gradation Tip Shadow [Bronze Brown] – A mixture of matte and light shimmer in a dark bronze brown color. This is really hard to blend.
- Koji Dolly Wink Pencil Eyeliner [Brown]
- Ishizawa Lovedrops Tearbaby Deep Eyeliner [Brown] – I’m not too fond of this, because the color does not come out evenly and the tip is not as fine as I would like. But it’s the darkest brown liquid eyeliner I’ve found that doesn’t look like brown black.
- BCL Makemania Data 24H WP Pencil Gel Eyeliner [Black]
- Kanebo KATE Super Sharp Liner [BK-1, Black] – I love this liquid eyeliner! It has a roller ball in the inside, so when you shake it, it moves the product in the inside and makes it smooth. The color comes out evenly and very fine tip. It’s great for humid climate and people with oily skin. If I can get my hands on the brown color version, that would be fantastic.
(Gradient Style – Tint first then gloss or else the tint will move around)
- The Face Shop Milky Moisture Tint [02, Apricot Coral]
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss [LG129, Beige]
- The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX My Lips Eat Cherry [01, Juicy Cherry]
- Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss [Crystal]
NARS Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette
- Bronzer [Laguna]
- Blush [Mistinguette]
To some of you the “Advanced” steps maybe too much or too little. For me it’s actually a lot less then it use to be. Well I hope you found this post fascinating or atleast a bit entertaining.