I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now what to do with all the leftover turkey?
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded leftover Thanksgiving Turkey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Korean pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 1/4 Cup canned whole kernel corn
- 1/4 Cup canned black beans
- 2 Cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Corn tortillas
- Cooking Oil
[Optional: Food Safe Disposable Gloves, it makes mixing easier & faster. Plus it keeps your hands from smelling like Korean pepper paste.]
- Drain and rinse the corn & black bean. Set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and set aside in a small bowl. Peel and mince the garlic. Set aside in the same bowl as the onion.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the turkey and Korean pepper paste (Gochujang).
- Put 1 Tbsp. of cooking oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Remove from stove and add to mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, corn and black bean to the mixing bowl with turkey. Put on your food safe gloves and start mixing. Make sure to mix well.
- Pour cooking oil in frying pan up to quarter of the way. Put on medium high heat.
- Warm up some tortillas in the microwave with a damp towel. This helps the tortillas from cracking when rolling.
- Take a warm tortilla, spoon some filling, roll, and secure with toothpicks. Repeat Steps 7 + 8 until all filling are used up.
- Fry the taquitos in batches. Cook each side until golden brown and crispy. Set on plate with paper towel to help drain the oil.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving. Enjoy!