Continuing with the ingredients from the failed mushroom hamburgers. I made a meatless pasta dish using store-bought sauces. Despite the name I gave it, this dish is not spicy just very light heat. This is enough for 1 – 2 person.
- 3 Cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 Cups Baby spinach
- 4 White button mushrooms
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cooking oil
- 2 dashes of salt
- 2 dashes of ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Vodka Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Spicy Tomato & Pesto Sauce
- 1 Slice of baby swiss cheese per person
- 1 Egg per person
- Wash and chop the mushrooms; Set aside in a bowl.
- Wash and chop the baby spinach; Set aside in a bowl.
- Peel and mince the garlic; Set aside in a small bowl.
- Mix the vodka sauce and spicy tomato & pesto sauce together in the same cup; Set aside.
- Put 1 Tbsp. of cooking oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté the garlic and then add the mushrooms. After 2-3 minutes add the baby spinach, salt and ground black pepper. Cook for about another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the sauce mixture to the mushrooms & baby spinach. Put in the angel hair pasta. Mix to incorporate the sauce into the pasta.
- Pour another 1/3 cup of the sauce and mix. When it starts to look less watery add the last 1/3 cup of sauce. Continue to mix and cook until sauce is fully incorporated into pasta and not watery.
- Plate the pasta and place a slice of baby swiss cheese on top.
- In a small frying pan, coat with 1/2 Tbsp. of cooking oil. Cook the egg over easy or sunny side up.
When eating this dish, I like to break the yolk and let it run into the pasta. Then I cut up the egg and mix before eating.