These are so delicious and they taste like store bought. The best part is you only need three ingredients and most likely already have them in your kitchen.
- 2 cups (2 sticks) Room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
[Optional: Toppers – I like almonds and raisins. You can use anything you like such as sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.]
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer until it turns white.
- Add sugar and continue mixing until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Put in a portion of the flour (I like to put in 1/2 cups or 2/3 cups at a time) and slowly incorporate it into the mix with a spatula.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the dough and roll into a ball in your palm. If you don’t have a small ice cream scooper, use your hands and scoop walnut-size pieces of dough. Place cookies 2-3 inches apart one another on baking sheet.
- Using your palm or back of a spoon, flatten the cookies slightly. The cookies will spread just a little bit when baking, so you don’t want to flatten them very thin (the bottom side may burn).
- [Optional: Toppers] If you are adding toppers, make a dent in the center of each cookie using your finger and place your topper.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes. Check often, the cookies are done when it’s lightly golden around the edges.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet to cool before removing.