It has been awhile, but then again it has come as a no surprise. The holidays came and past, the first month of the New Year is also now behind us. This post I know is long overdue and since I am not completely awake to form paragraphs or anything coherent for that matter, this post will be in a form of a list…
- I am currently looking for a new job. I was laid off before the holidays. Right now I’m interning at a floral shop, which I am enjoying & liking very much. I hope venturing into this creative side will turn into something.
- I haven’t seen much of my friends the last two months of 2014, but I read a lot of books. I’ve been listening to Maya Beiser’s Uncovered Album, while reading. Track No. 5, Epitaph, is my favorite. Check it out if you like contemporary classical; Beiser is a cellist.
- I have always wanted to learn to play an instrument. A few years back I had contemplated on picking up guitar, but I’m glad I waited because I think I found the right instrument for me. I’m teaching myself the ukulele via YouTube & books. I have a Makala Dolphin in pearl white and changed out the strings it came with to Aquila strings. I need to get a better gig bag or case. The one it came with is nothing but a flimsy dust bag, great for keeping out the dust but no protection what so ever. I would also love to take lessons, but that will have to wait.
- This past month I have an obsession with having avocado & egg for breakfast.
- My family and I celebrated my nephew’s 7th birthday by watching Paddington at the movie theater. My nephew can read chapter books now! I am so proud of him. He’s growing up so fast!
- If you are thinking of catching Running Man the movie based off of the Korean Variety show, I suggest you skip it. Unless you are already a fan of the Chinese version of the show. My friends and I came to the conclusion that the movie seem to be a bad edit of a regular TV episode.
- I’m not going to make any New Year’s resolution, but for my blog I will try to make monthly posts this year. This post is for January and February’s will be posted sometime the beginning of March.
Take care guys. Until next month.
Maya Beiser on NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert